We’re Hiring! Web Application Developer InternMay 14, 2012
The Link Builders is one of the fastest growing search engine optimization and Internet marketing companies in the Baltimore area. We’re looking for a bright, creative, responsible, and self-motivated individual to join our internship team and help take our business to the next level.
- Duration of Internship: May 28th (or ASAP) – August 31st
- Payment: This is a paid internship. Compensation is based on experience.
- Hours: 9-5pm 5 days a week
Daily activities for this position will all be a subset of programming.
- Working directly with our development team to create and maintain innovative standalone tools as well as toolsets for multiple industries, occasionally working with an end-client’s website.
- Assist with mapping out projects from scratch, as well as adding features, bug fixes, and streamlining the project from development to production. With our organization there isn’t red tape when trying to get a bug fix out the door, or intentional delays on deployment of code. We think fast, act fast, and deploy even faster.
- Depending on the project, you’ll be working with ActiveRecord, Redis (specifically Resque for job management, but also Redis itself for other various uses), Git (specifically Github), Capistrano, Mechanize, and Typhoeus. Knowledge in each of these is not a requirement, but you must be willing to learn fast.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or working toward one).
- A strong knowledge and comfort with Ruby on Rails.
- A general knowledge of PHP.
- A good grasp of MySQL, possibly also working with Redis or Mongo.
- An understanding of Linux servers. Predominantly Ubuntu-based NGINX/Passenger setups.
- Ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced environment. Reacting under pressure is important.
- Attention to detail. Algorithmically, analytically, structurally, etc.
- The confidence to tackle larger datasets in various forms in terms of parsing & manipulation to produce an end-result.
- The ability to optimize his or her own workflows and routines to boost efficiency.
- Out-of-the-box thinking and creativity is a must. We’re looking for the best and brightest!
Strong candidates should possess:
- A strong work ethic and a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Self-motivation and ability to be a self-starter.
- An outgoing, friendly and enthusiastic personality. Positivity is a must!
- The ability to break down pending tasks into a workflow & follow it with little direction.
- A passion for “all things Internet”.
We’ve set the bar high, can you reach it? If you are passionate about development, solving complex problems, scaling code beyond what is normally considered the limit and enjoy being part of an energetic team where your contributions are valued and recognized, let’s talk!
If you are interested in learning more about this full-time internship opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to Melissa Rubin at hr [at] thelinkbuilders[dot]com and we’ll be in touch soon.