Top Internet Marketing and SEO Conferences 2012 February 13, 2012
Conferences are not only great places to network with current and potential clients, but are also indispensable for learning the latest trends and best practices. For internet marketing professionals conferences can be a necessity due to the ever-changing nature of the industry.
There are multiple conferences available for Internet marketers that focus on different areas: social media, SEO, online advertising, technology, etc. In fact, some of the world’s top Internet marketing conferences will take place throughout the United States in 2012.
No matter if you’re a newbie trying to learn more, or a seasoned pro who’s presenting, the conferences listed below are beneficial for anyone in the online marketing industry to attend.
SMX (Search Marketing Expo)
- When: June 5-6 in Seattle, (Advanced) Oct 2-4 in New York city, and December in Las Vegas
- About: Search Marketing Expo, more commonly known as SMX, is the search engine marketing conference from Third Door Media, the company behind Search Engine Land, Marketing Land, and the Search Marketing Now webcast series. The Advanced conference is geared to seasoned search engine marketing professionals. The sessions are faced-paced and tend to skip the basics.
- For more information: http://searchmarketingexpo.com
- When: May 15-16th in Austin, and August 12-14th in New York City
- About: This conference was founded by Missy Ward and Shawn Collins in 2003 for the purposes of providing educational sessions on the latest industry issues and to foster a productive networking environment for affiliate marketers. Attendees at Affiliate Summit events break out into five main categories: agencies, affiliates, merchants, networks, and vendors, with affiliates taking up about a third of the attendance. Affiliate Summit focuses primarily on speaking sessions and networking, and encourages all levels of professionals in terms of skill and experience to attend.
- For more information: http://www.affiliatesummit.com/
- When: April 3-4th in San Francisco, and November 7-8th in New York City
- About: For more than ten years, ad:tech has provided media, marketing and technology professionals with the tools and techniques they need to succeed in a changing digital world. Topics at the conference usually surround: search, brand building, integrated marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing, advergaming, TV 2.0, affiliate marketing, blogging, web analytics, viral marketing, media buying, podcasts, consumer generated content, behavioral target marketing and more.
- For more information: http://www.ad-tech.com/
- When: Feb 13-15 in Hawaii, and October 15th-19th in Vegas
- About: Pubcon is supported by the industry’s leading businesses, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors involved in social media, Internet marketing, search engines, and online advertising. Both the Honolulu and Vegas sessions will offer a look at the future of technology presented by many of the world’s top search and social media speakers.
- For more information: http://www.pubcon.com/
- When:February 28-29 in Vegas
- About:LeadsCon is a conference dedicated to increasing the effectiveness of those operating in the online lead generation industry. The LeadsCon audience consists of lead buyers, lead sellers, technology solution providers, and investment professionals. The LeadsCon participants span a variety of different verticals from B2C to B2B lead generation.
- For more information: http://leadscon.com/
BlogWorld & New Media Expo
- When:June 5-7th in New York City
- About:The BlogWorld & New Media expo is comprised of three days of cutting-edge conference sessions and eye-opening keynotes. This is the only industry-wide event bringing the global community of content creators and publishers together all under one roof. Bloggers, Podcasters, Web TV & Radio Broadcasters, Social Media Networkers and all types of content creators from every major genre attend BlogWorld.
- For more information: http://www.blogworldexpo.com/2012-nyc/
SES (Search Engine Strategies)
- When: March 19-23rd in NYC, August 13-17th in San Francisco, and Nov 12-16th in Chicago
- About:SES Conference & Expo is the leading global event series that educates professionals in search and social marketing, putting a special focus on tactics and best practices. Attendees include webmasters, digital agencies, online marketers and corporate decision makers. Most SES events cover introductory and intermediate level performance strategies.
- For more information: http://www.searchenginestrategies.com/
Social Media Conference
- When: June 21-22 Beverly Hills
- About: The Social Media Conference examines new media, including Internet, mobile and other technologies for social media. The conference focuses on management for the social media industry.
- For more information: http://www.socialmediaconference.com/