5 Methods to Accelerate SEO Efforts February 14, 2011
It’s difficult to embrace the power of search engine optimization efforts if you’re not patient, willing to work hard, and go above and beyond what your competition is already doing. Simply stated, generating quality traffic organically takes into consideration a variety of methods and strategies, research and tracking tactics, patience, and consistency.
The 5 methods below are often overlooked, but effectively detail how to maximize SEO efforts.
1. Select Relevant Domains: Selecting a domain name that is relevant to your product or service should take into consideration the keyword market that you’re looking to penetrate. The ability to rank for desired search terms (if they’re contained in the domain name) can be achieved with less resistance as opposed to selecting a domain name that’s unrelated to the nature of the niche. When selecting domain names it’s also important to consider the age of the domain, potential spelling errors users may enter, trademark or copyright infringements, the purchase price, expiration date, and if the URL can be branded.
2. Create Clean Code: Many web developers are not in tune with the recommended best practices for on-page SEO. When selecting a web developer, make sure they address SEO requirements by describing the methods they’ll be using to ensure that their work is visible to search engines. Suggesting keywords or META information is often not enough to cut it.
For most business sites we recommend WordPress to simplify on-page SEO elements. There are dozens of free WordPress SEO plug-ins that are easy to install, and will enhance future link building efforts. Free WordPress themes can be edited to your liking and provide a more stable option for reaching long term SEO goals over custom design work created from scratch.
3. Distribute Compelling Content: Content will always be king on search engines. It doesn’t matter if you’re operating a news website or a site created for a local real estate agency, unique content that draws attention to your offer or business will bring interested users to your site. When crafting content, be creative and offer readers valuable information. If you’re an expert in your field, writing content that’s informative and helpful will attract attention in terms of improving search rankings, web traffic, and industry notoriety.
4. Leverage Authoritative Websites: After establishing your online presence with a solid foundation in terms of web content and flawless on-page SEO, reach out to authoritative websites that feature content similar to yours. Large websites and media sites are constantly sourcing industry experts to write intelligent features. They often allow writers to link to their website, previously written content, or Twitter accounts. When anchored keywords are added to the equation, the ability to pass and filter authority can be realized. Writing articles on sites like Ezine Articles can also help increase search rankings and generate traffic later down the road.
5. Write Unique Content Regularly: It’s easy to get sidetracked or neglect your site or blog when “more important” business activities become a priority. Updating your content regularly and committing time to create content for the purposes of distribution will bear fruit for years to come. Most audiences are smart and look forward to receiving updates from websites or blogs that feature information that’s both valuable and enjoyable to read. Regardless of maintaining readership, search engines may value your competitor’s website with greater regard in terms of ranking if they’re posting and distributing content of similar quality more frequently.
Applying principles of the methods listed above is recommended and beneficial for all types of SEO campaigns regardless of niche, keyword markets, or associated competition.0